Happy New Year! The turning of the year is often accompanied by transition, setting new intentions, and planning for the months ahead. That’s certainly where we find ourselves at CSCCE, with 2023 promising to be a huge year for our growing organization.
In our first community call of the year, we’ll share what’s coming up, including new courses, clients, and community programming. This is a great way to catch up if some of our newsletters fell into the cracks of December email chaos, or if you’re new to our community of practice and would like to find out more about opportunities to get involved. Our calls are open to anyone, so if you’re not yet a community member but you’re interested in what we do to support STEM communities and the people who build them, please do feel free to join.
Date: Wednesday, 18 January 2023
Time: 11am EST / 4pm UTC
Zoom link to join: click here
Add to calendar: click here
CSCCE quarterly updates
Over the last couple of years we’ve hosted periodic update calls to share more about what we are working on, highlight new opportunities for community members to participate in programming, and invite feedback from members about our focus areas and activities. While we’ve typically called these calls “quarterly updates,” in reality, they do not happen with quite such regularity! But they adhere to the spirit of the term, as they are recurring opportunities for new and existing community members and others interested in our work to stay connected.
On this month’s call, we’ll be talking about:
- The POSE Training Program, our largest grant-funded initiative, which will support researchers in open source scientific software, open source hardware, and open data as they build community and scale their endeavors.
- The CSCCE Community Manager Certification Program, the first cohort of which will start in April of this year.
- Some of the curriculum development that is going on behind the scenes as we create four new multi-week courses.
- CSCCE Special Interest Groups and how you can get involved as co-chairs.
- What to expect from CSCCE Community Calls for the rest of the year and how you can participate.
And we’ll be welcoming two new staff members to the team! We hope to see you there!
Join January’s community call to:
- Peak behind the scenes at CSCCE
- Connect with CSCCE staff and community members
- Find out how you can participate as a community member
How to join
January’s call will take place on Wednesday, 18 January 2023 at 11am EST/4pm UTC
Our calls are hosted in Zoom – click here and we’ll see you in the webinar!
Video or not? You’re welcome to turn on your webcam if you like but fine if you prefer just to use audio.
Our community calls generally last 90 minutes, but this month we’ll be keeping it to 60 minutes or less. We understand that virtual meetings have a tendency to overrun and overlap, so please don’t feel sheepish about arriving late or leaving early. We’d love to see you either way!
Please note: We’ll be recording this month’s call so that others who couldn’t make it can catch up later.
ADDITIONAL INFO ABOUT OUR COMMUNITY CALLS
Our community calls usually take place on the third Wednesday of every month at 11am Eastern, but occasionally times and dates vary depending on speaker availability so please keep an eye on our calendar of events.
Wonder what we’ve talked about in previous calls? The archive listings can be found here, with select recordings available on YouTube.
Not yet in our Slack group? Request to join here.
We curate a growing collection of resources for community managers on our website. If you have any questions about our work, or are interested in partnering with us on a future project or call, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.