As part of our programming to nurture a community of scientific community engagement managers and those interested in scientific community engagement, we host a monthly community call via Zoom.
(You can find the archive of Community Call info from 2019 and 2020 here)
We typically host our community calls at 11am EST on the third Wednesday of each month, although speaker availability may result in scheduling changes. Abstracts and speakers will be updated as the schedule is co-created. The listings below reflect the most up-to-date information.
We welcome input about the topics for discussion – both ahead of time and during the calls. Please let us know if you’d like to present – or suggest a new topic for a call!
We will also share information about our community calls in our monthly newsletter.
June 2021 Community Call
Date: Wednesday, 16 June at 11am EDT
Topic: CSCCE Summer Social
Blog posts: June’s community call
Zoom link: join here
Join June’s Community Call to:
- Make new connections with CSCCE community members and staff
- Find out more about opportunities to get involved with CSCCE programming
- Share your news with the community
- Have fun!
May 2021 Community Call
Date: Wednesday, 19 May at 11am EDT
Topic: CSCCE Community Networking
In this month’s community call we will curate a networking experience to help you get to know others who are part of the CSCCE community of practice (request to join here). Please note: this month’s event required registration, which has now closed. If you are not already registered, we will not be able to accommodate you on this call, but we hope you will join us for future CSCCE community calls and other events. Keep an eye on our monthly newsletter to stay informed.
April 2021 Community Call
Date: Wednesday, 21 April at 11am EDT
Topic: CSCCE Quarterly Programming Update
Join April’s Community Call to:
- Find out what it’s like to build out infrastructure for a new venture
- Learn more about our online trainings and summer webinars
- See what is going on in CSCCE research projects and working groups
- Let us know what you’d like to see more or less of in terms of community programming
March 2021 Community Call
Join March’s Community Call to:
- Find out what works and what doesn’t at virtual meetings
- Consider accessibility and inclusion for virtual and hybrid events
- Brainstorm solutions to problems you have encountered, or feedback you have received from event participants
- Connect with fellow scientific community managers and grow your professional network
February 2021 Community Call
Join February’s Community Call to:
- Acquire new strategies to manage remote working during the pandemic (and potentially beyond)
- Learn from the experiences from other members of the CSCCE community of practice
- Enhance your network to support you as you manage your community
- Isabel Mendoza, The Global Plant Council
- Emily Lescak, Code for Science and society
January 2021 Community Call
Join January’s Community Call to:
- Reflect on the concept of resilience and what it means for community managers
- Acquire new practices and techniques to help mitigate burnout in your role
- Share your own insights, experiences, and resources
- Connect with other members of the CSCCE community of practice to build your peer support network
Jennifer Davison, Assistant Dean for Research and Director of Urban@UW, University of Washington