We’re working to consolidate and share resources about scientific community management and to nurture a new community of practice for scientific community professionals.
We’re building out a series of resources pages that currently include:
- Being a scientific community manager
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI)
- Online communities and communication tools
- In-person community events
If you’d like to contribute, for example by offering to present a webinar or create a case study of your community, we’d love to hear from you (email@example.com)
Additionally, you may be interested in:
The CSCCE community of practice
We host a community of practice for scientific community managers – and those interested in scientific community-building. With monthly webinars and an online Slack group this is a great way to start connecting with others supporting scientific communities.
Stay up to date with what’s coming via our monthly newsletter.
State of scientific community management survey
In 2016 we carried out a survey of over 100 scientific community professionals to determine more about their career paths to date, their skillsets and challenges. You can read the survey results here.
Our blog is the largest freely accessible resource of scientific community engagement information online. It includes:
- Blog posts by the CEFP2017 and CEFP2019 fellows
- A series of interviews with scientific community managers
- Posts about community theory and team science
Resources created by the CEFP project teams – including:
- A new podcast by scientific community managers for scientific community managers
- Resources around evaluation and metrics – gathered from existing scientific community managers
- Best practices for content creation as scientific community managers