We’re working to consolidate and share additional resources and nurture a new community of practice for scientific community professionals.
If you’d like to help out, for example by offering to present a webinar or create a case study of your community, we’d love to hear from you (email@example.com)
Here’s some of what’s available so far:
An online community of practice
We recently launched a new community of practice for scientific community managers – and those interested in scientific community-building. With monthly webinars and an online Slack group this is a great way to start connecting with others supporting scientific communities.
Stay up to date with what’s coming via our monthly newsletter.
State of scientific community management survey
In 2016 we carried out a survey of over 100 scientific community professionals to determine more about their career paths to date, their skillsets and challenges. You can read the survey results here.
For this survey we partnered with The Community Roundtable, who generously let us use and adapt their State of Community Management survey question bank.
Our blog is the largest freely accessible resource of scientific community engagement information online. It includes:
- Blog posts by the CEFP2017 and CEFP2019 fellows
- A series of interviews with scientific community managers
- Posts about community theory and team science
- A series of posts by CEFP2017 Fellows exploring how to nurture diversity, equity and inclusion as community managers.
Resources created by the CEFP project teams – including:
- Tip sheets for addressing diversity, equity and inclusion in your community-building work
- A new podcast by scientific community managers for scientific community managers
- Resources around evaluation and metrics – gathered from existing scientific community managers
- Best practices for content creation as scientific community managers
- A manual for creating inclusive events that build community