The Center for Scientific Collaboration and Community Engagement (CSCCE) is a research and training center to support and study the emerging field of scientific community engagement.
The goal and focus areas of the Center
The goal of CSCCE is to professionalize and institutionalize the role of the community engagement manager (CEM) within science. All of our activities are in service of this.
Underpinned by an ethos of collaborative, evidence-based activities and the development of network-centric leaders, CSCCE has three focus areas:
The Community Engagement Fellows Program (CEFP) and its alumni network, which provides a one-year, cohort- based professional development opportunity to existing scientific community engagement managers.
Training and Resources
The development and delivery of scalable, modular training materials, white papers and other professional development resources for individuals and organizations working to build or fund scientific teams and communities.
Research to better characterize and support the emerging role of the scientific community engagement manager – including through collaborations with visiting scholars.
These three areas are tightly interlinked – with the research informing training materials and organizational feedback signposting future areas for research and/or curriculum development.
Join the conversations
We are working to nurture a vibrant community of scientific community professionals and those interested in scientific community engagement. Join the conversations in the following places:
Recent blog Posts
- February’s Community Call – help us to launch our Community Profiles project
- CSCCE Working Groups – new ways to work together in our emerging community of practice
- Online Co-working Partnerships are Community of Practice in Action
- Our new, updated look – and the story behind our flower logo
- Leveraging anniversary programming & content to nurture community
- Congratulations to the CEFP2019 fellows on their graduation!
- Join January’s Community Call for initial survey results, CSCCE working groups and more!
We host CSCCE’s online community of practice in Slack, bringing together scientific community engagement professionals from a range of scientific communities – including the CEFP2017 and CEFP2019 Fellows. You can request to join here.
We host monthly community calls to introduce some of the foundational ideas and activities of the Center and to connect community managers from different scientific contexts.
- January 29th 2020 – 2pm Eastern – Phase two of our programming for our community of practice for scientific community managers. We’ll be discussing the results of our community survey plus the launch of some working groups and more.