Thanks to a new grant from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, we’re now looking to hire our first Membership Director!
This is a key role at a pivotal point in CSCCE’s evolution as we work to transition from an organization that’s significantly subsidized by philanthropy to one that is more financially self-sufficient. Part of charting that path to financial sustainability includes developing an institutional membership program to support different groups and organizations who are convening communities and looking to access best-in-class training, support, and consultancy services.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone with experience in designing and implementing STEM membership programs, or similar long-term relationship management projects. Fully-funded for 18 months, whoever fills this role will work closely with our existing team to design, deliver, and promote a new organizational membership program. They will also take the lead on implementing technical infrastructure to support this work, integrating and building upon existing CSCCE workflows.
Key tasks for this role will include:
- Program development and project management – Develop and promote a new institutional membership program, which will launch in 2022
- Relationship management – Work with our team to enhance the member experience for both institutional members and the individual members of our community of practice
- Process development and management – Create smart and effective workflows in collaboration with our administrative partners
- Technical solutions – Integrate new and existing technical infrastructure to streamline CSCCE operations
- Working group lead – Co-lead a new CSCCE working group for members interested in internal advocacy for community management within their organizations
- Curation and synthesis of materials – Incorporate existing materials such as reports, tip sheets, and research outputs into talks and other materials to raise awareness of CSCCE’s activities, resources and impact
We warmly welcome applications from individuals with backgrounds not currently represented in our growing team and are happy to chat informally about the role if you have questions that you’d like to explore. This is a full-time role with a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401k, and vacation, and is open to anyone who is eligible to work in the US. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to set up a pre-interview.
You can find the full job description here.
What it’s like working at CSCCE
The way we work as a team and with our community members and clients is driven by our core values:
- We continuously strive to be inclusive
- We empower one another
- We learn and share
- We trust – and hold space for – one another
- We express gratitude and recognition
We’re a highly collaborative, fully remote, US-based team that values and supports personal and professional development. We value honest and transparent communications in our work together and actively cultivate a team culture of learning and iteration. Applicants for this position should be able to work a majority of their day in the US Eastern time zone, to allow for effective communication, connection, and collaboration.
Key dates and how to apply
We’re looking for our new Membership Director to be in place by the end of August/early September of 2021, and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. Interviews are expected to take place the week of August 2.
To apply for the role, please submit a CV/resumé of no more than 3 pages and cover letter to email@example.com.
The path ahead
As always, we’ll be seeking community member input before we launch our organizational membership program. Once our new hire is in place, we’ll share more information about how you can actively contribute to those conversations.
In the meantime, please help us to spread the word about this new role and if you have questions or thoughts about membership that you’d like to share with us please email firstname.lastname@example.org